Black jeans are a wardrobe staple - they’re stylish and versatile. However, we’re all familiar with the problem, they tend to fade quickly… Here’s our best tips on how to keep your favourite black jeans from loosing their colour. First of all, try to avoid washing your jeans too frequently.
IN YOUR WASHING MACHINE
- Turn your jeans inside-out, fasten buttons and snaps. This will help to keep them in shape.
- Cold water is the best, it reduces colour bleed.
- Wash your black jeans with dark colours. Avoid cramming the washer full.
- Use a detergent designed to preserve colours like Woolite Darks Liquid Laundry Detergent.
- Set the washer on a short, delicate cycle. Do not use the dryer. Always hang or air dry your black jeans.
MORE TIPS FOR WASHING BLACK JEANS
- For an extra colour-safe cleaning, soak your black jeans in cold water with one cup white vinegar and one tablespoon salt. This method locks in the dye's colour.
- Wash your jeans by hand in cold water.
- Steam your jeans, it will freshen up. and remove any odour.